Registration ends December 30, 2019
The Puerto Rico Classical Dance Competition will take place at Teatro Tapia y Rivera in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico Classical Dance Competition is open to dance students ages 9-19. Students may participate in the Ensemble category, as long as their ages fall within the respected category of 9-19.
- Participants may enter as individuals, as part of an ensemble entry or in any combination
- Participants may enter the competition either representing a school, as an independent student, or as an individual dancer with a school
- When registering as individuals, with the exception of the Pre-Competitive/Preparatory Division, a classical AND contemporary variation are required for all age divisions (Junior, Senior, Pre-Professional); participants therefore consent to performing both one classical variation and one contemporary variation upon individual registration.
- Competitors in the Pre-Competitive/Preparatory Division are NOT required to perform a contemporary variation. Pre-Competitive Division is required to perform TWO Classical Variations. The registration fee for the Pre-Competitive Division is for two CLASSICAL VARIATIONS.
- Contemporary/Open Dance: this category includes any “open solo” variation that is not taken from the Classical repertoire list and features different aspects of the participant’s technical skill and versatility.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to obtain choreography permissions for any variations that requires it.
- Master classes with the Puerto Rico Classical Dance Competition faculty are mandatory for all participants. This is part of the registration fee and will allow to other schools and universities to observe for further consideration of scholarships.